Summer is here, and that means a lot more drivers are on the road! But there is nothing worse than an automobile accident to spoil your summer fun. Although an accident is never optimal; there are special circumstances that make summer driving unique:
• Many summer travelers are busy looking for locations on their travel agenda and may be unfamiliar with the area;
• Students are out of school and on the roads, many of whom are inexperienced drivers;
• Car engines and tires are under extra stress, and heat-related breakdowns are inevitable;
• Motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians are out and about, oftentimes with unpredictable actions;
• Heat-related factors may impact the number of emergency vehicles on the road.
Despite being on the lookout for danger signs, what happens if you do end up in a collision? This is when the experienced accident attorneys at the Brooklyn office of Jeffrey K. Kestenbaum can help.
How We Can Assist You
• Our legal team is prepared to help you to traverse the issues related to your automobile accident. Just a few complications we can guide you through include:
• The accident report: How can you get a copy and how will it impact legal proceedings?
• Liability: Who is at fault for the accident? One party may be responsible in some cases; in others, many parties share the liability.
• Alcohol: Is driver impairment an issue in this accident? If so, the questions domino from here.
• Insurance: Do all parties involved have the legally required liability coverage? If not, what is the proper course forward?
• Property damage: If the accident does not involve injuries, you need only exchange licenses, insurance, and registration information with other drivers. We can take it from there.
• Damage to a domestic animal: In the event that a domestic animal such as a dog is injured, the owner and/or the police must be contacted.
• Negligence: Was there an issue with eating, texting, or other distractions that may have contributed to the accident? How might that impact your case?
• Personal injury or death: NYC law requires that you contact the police immediately in this difficult circumstance. From this point, it only gets more complex.
Don’t make the mistake of trying to navigate the complexities and emotional turmoil of an auto accident without the assistance of the compassionate, knowledgeable and dedicated team at the office of Jeffrey K. Kestenbaum. We can help you deal with any accident, regardless of who is at fault. Let our capable attorneys assist you with the intricacies of accident reconstruction, expert testimony, injuries, ethical considerations, and, ultimately, settlement issues. Contact us today or call (718) 237-5586 for a free consultation.